Georgia law gives people injured in a car accident through the negligence of another party two years to file a personal injury lawsuit against him or her. If you are considering this action yourself, it is generally in your best interest to secure a Marietta car accident lawyer as quickly as possible. This gives your attorney the most time to begin investing your claim, serve the personal injury lawsuit on the other party, and negotiate with the insurance company or represent you in court.
When Your Situation Demands Immediate Representation by a Marietta Car Accident Lawyer
Some situations are more serious when it comes to car accidents and other forms of personal injury. Below are several examples of times when you should contact an attorney immediately.
- You or a passenger in your vehicle have suffer serious or life-altering injuries that will require financial resources to manage.
- The insurance agent who is supposed to represent you hires an attorney of his or her own. This usually means the insurance company plans to fight your claim.
- A human being riding in the car with your suffered fatal injuries.
- Your insurance company insists you did not pay the required premiums or you have no insurance to submit a claim to in the first place.
- You have reason to believe the other party plans to pin most of the blame for the car accident on you or deny culpability altogether.
- You have low limits on your liability insurance policy.
- The accident involved other people, including pedestrians, bicyclists, or other motorists.
- The case involves complex medical, legal, or technical information.
- The accident took place within a construction zone.
- You feel the police report is inaccurate and that it assigns blame for the accident to you.
A Marietta car accident lawyer from Morrison & Hughes will interview you to find out more about the background of the case and the issues you currently face in obtaining justice.
When You May Be Able to Wait Longer for a Consultation
Some situations are not as serious as others when it comes to car accidents. Here are some situations that don’t require immediate assistance from a Marietta car accident lawyer.
- You are uncertain of your legal rights as a car accident victim.
- You would like an estimate on how much your case might be worth.
- You feel confused about the various terms in your insurance policy.
- You are not sure how to counteract offers from the other party’s insurance company that you do not feel are fair.
Whether you need immediate help or it can wait a bit, we encourage you to contact us at 404-800-5297 to request a free personal legal consultation. We will help you identify and work with any problems listed above at the time we take your claim. Winning your lawsuit means that you will receive payment for medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and several other potential categories of compensation.