Frequently Asked Questions

Handling your claim can be a complicated process, and we know you have questions. Below are some of the answers to questions that we have gotten in the past, posted by our qualified attorneys.

I’ve Been Seriously Injured and Cannot Drive. How Do I Get To Your Office?

We will come to you. If you have lost mobility due to your accident, just call us, and an attorney or representative will come to your home to discuss your claim.

Where Can I Find Additional Information About My Rights?

Aside from scheduling an appointment to speak with an attorney, you can also find information regarding workers’ compensation on the Georgia State Board of Workers’ Compensation’s website: Click HERE to visit that site.

You can also review the State Board’s rules governing workers’ compensation by clicking HERE.

Also, M&H’s new blog will be available at this website in the near future.

What Should I Do First After My On-the-Job Accident?

Report your injury. As soon as you can after your injury, it’s very important that you make sure your employer knows that you have been hurt and that you need medical assistance. Under the law, failure to report your injury within 30 days may cause you to lose your rights.

I Was Hurt At Work… Do I Have To Go To The Doctor On My Employer’s Panel of Physicians?

Yes. Keep your doctor appointments. Even if you’d prefer to go to your own doctor, make sure to keep the appointments that your employer has set up. Refusing to cooperate with your medical treatment may cause you to lose certain benefits. If you think that the doctor selected by your employer or their insurance company isn’t treating your fairly, contact us to help you determine your rights. Don’t wait too long! Severe medical conditions may not seem serious at first. It is important that you contact help as soon as you can.

What Should I Tell The Doctor?

Tell the doctor everything at the beginning. A serious injury may not have major symptoms at first. Even if it seems minor to you, tell your doctors about all of your problems and all of the parts of your body which were hurt at work. For example, if you fell and injured your ankle, but you also have some back pain, you need to tell the doctor about both your ankle and your back. Failure to give your doctor a full, honest report of your injury may let the insurance company argue that your injuries were not caused by your workplace accident.

The Insurance Company Wants To Talk To Me… What Do I Say?

Don’t talk to the insurance company alone. If it gets to the point where the insurance company wants to take a recorded statement, it’s serious enough that you want legal help on your side. Call an experienced attorney who can represent you. Workers compensation is complicated, and one wrong word can keep you from getting the compensation you deserve.

It’s Been Weeks, And I Haven’t Received A Check From The Insurance Adjuster For My Workers’ Compensation Lost-Wage Benefits. What Do I Do?

If your authorized doctor excuses you from work, and your claim has been accepted by the insurance company, you should be getting weekly “TTD” benefits checks. If not, call us today to enforce your rights.

Where Can I find more information on Mr. Morrison’s research and publications which Mr. Morrison helped to prepare?

To view publications which Mr. Morrison helped to prepare when he practiced as a defense attorney, click the following links: