Marietta Car Accident Lawyer
A major car accident can change your life in seconds, both physically and financially. For those who aren’t prepared, an auto accident can completely upend the lifestyle they’ve grown accustomed to. That’s why the Marietta car accident lawyers at Morrison & Hughes Law are dedicated to helping protect drivers from the complications that can occur after in the aftermath of a car or truck accident. Our attorneys can help you receive compensation for your medical expenses, time missed from work, property damage, and anything else you’re owed.
What Causes Car Accidents in Marietta, Georgia?
Driver inattention, disregard for safety rules, driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs, or a general lack of driving skills are some of the most common causes of car accidents. Drivers in Georgia face a significantly higher risk of getting into accidents than many other states, and due to this, our Marietta car accident lawyers have worked with thousands of clients whose lives have been affected by another driver’s negligence.
What Should I Do if I’ve Been Injured in an Auto Accident?
Depending on the severity of the auto accident, a driver may be facing substantial injury or loss of function. Recovering from the injuries, coping with any financial liabilities, and adjusting your daily activities afterward can be very difficult, but there is help. A qualified Marietta auto accident lawyer can mitigate some of these issues, handling the legal process and working to make sure you receive every dollar of compensation owed to you.
If you’ve been in a car accident, our lawyers advise that you:
- Get a medical examination: The first thing you should do is get a medical examination. This will let you know exactly what physical injuries you may be dealing with, and how your life may be impacted by the incident. Keep track of all medical details, fees, and obligations your doctors may require.
- Collect Evidence: If your case goes to court, you’re going to need as much evidence as possible to help back your case. Take as many photos and collect as much physical evidence of the accident as you can, so you’re prepared.
- Find appropriate legal representation: Before you do anything else, you will need to contact an auto accident attorney that is equipped to handle the ensuing legal process. They will be your most trusted resource as you navigate the legal proceedings that are to come.
- File a claim with your lawyer: If you have been injured in a car accident, you need to take prompt action to protect your legal rights. Keep in mind that the state of Georgia places a time limit on filing a claim in civil court after an auto accident, so it’s important that you and your car accident lawyer move quickly.
What Happens After a Car Accident in Marietta, Georgia?
If you get into a car accident in Marietta, Georgia, expect these events to occur:
- Police will follow their department’s standard law enforcement protocols, including documenting the events that led to the auto accident. They will attempt to determine who was at fault. A police report is usually filled out at the location of the accident.
- Your Marietta personal injury lawyer will review the accident report. Your attorney will then hire an independent expert to perform an analysis of all relevant facts of the auto accident.
- The expert will then examine the crash site as well as the remaining pieces of all vehicles involved in the accident. The expert will then present a professional assessment of what occurred in the accident and a conclusion on the cause.
- Your attorney will prepare a compensation claim for you, based upon the findings in the independent expert’s accident analysis.
Who Must Pay for My Losses from an Auto Accident?
If you’ve ever been involved in a car accident, you know just how costly they can be. Typically, whichever party was at fault must pay for the damages incurred in a car accident. However, there are instances in which you may be entitled to financial compensation from one or more parties, including:
- The driver or other person who was at fault for the accident.
- The auto insurance company for the person who caused the accident.
- Another person or other entity with financial responsibility for damages that that person causes.
- A vehicle owner or driver who was negligent in correcting issues that contributed to the cause of the accident.
- A company or individual for whom a contractor is loading or driving a vehicle improperly.
- A manufacturer or government department or agency that was negligent in addressing an unsafe condition that contributed to the cause of the auto accident.
What Compensation Can I Receive for My Losses?
If you are injured in an auto accident in Georgia, you may be entitled to compensation for various kinds of losses you have incurred, including:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Loss of income
- Loss of future income
- Loss of physical function
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
How Can a Marietta Auto Accident Lawyer Help Me?
Insurance companies have many attorneys, investigators, and resources to help protect themselves from paying for claims in cases of serious injury. Struggling alone against their teams and trying to comply with all requirements of the Georgia civil court system jeopardizes your chances of getting what you deserve. An experienced Marietta car accident lawyer will do all that it takes to ensure that you receive all of the compensation that the law allows in your case.
Your car accident lawyer can:
- Help you get quality medical care during your entire recovery.
- Manage your case, to see that every possible action is taken to make sure you receive all the financial compensation you deserve.
- Get an independent expert analysis of all facts regarding the accident.
- Obtain testimonies from eye witnesses.
- Collect all possible video and photo evidence.
- Make sure that every legal requirement is satisfied during the civil process.
- Build a compelling argument to present to the court for judgment.
- Keep you informed on the progress of your claim throughout the process.
Contact an Experienced Marietta Car Accident Lawyer
Morrison & Hughes Law is a law firm that specializes in handling car accident, truck accident, workers’ comp, and personal injury cases. If you or a loved one has recently been in a car accident and need a trusted Marietta car accident attorney to help with your case, contact Morrison & Hughes to schedule a consultation. We’ll work with you to ensure you receive the compensation to which they’re entitled under Georgia state law